FW: Unit College Reserve

  • Roger LaBrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2012
    For folks that have adults in the military that are DEPLOYED or at School  these codes can be used to help keep their registration active..  HOWEVER the YPT is still REQUIRED..  This code would exempt the adult from leader specific training requirements.  But the YPT is mandatory for everyone regardless.. No exception..

    Every adult on the charter must have his/her YPT included in the recharter package..

    Only THREE  exceptions:  No YPT certificate required…
    1. INSTITUTIONAL HEAD/EXECUTIVE OFFICER
    2. TIGER PARTNER POSITION
    3. SCOUT PARENT POSITION
    I say the "position" is exempt, if the person holds multiple positions those other positions require a YPT certificate.

    Thanks
    Roger

    From: Roger LaBrie <roglabrie@...>
    Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012 7:55 PM
    Subject: Unit College Reserve

    This is a repeat for some but our distro has grown so here goes…

    Unit College Reserve (92U and 92V)

    Starting with the re charting process for 2012 there is a New registration position that the Units can use for those who have turned 18 years old (see below) or 21 years old (see below).

    The question has always been:

    Our Unit has boys who have turned 18 but they are still in High School, Collage or are still in the area, and want to participate in/with the Unit. They do not want to become Assistant Scoutmasters, what other position can they have in the unit?

    Code 92U

    This new code is for Packs/Troops/Teams to use.

    1. Must be no younger than age 18 years old.

    2. Complete youth protection Y01.  This is the only required training (turn in a copy of your Y01 with the adult application)

    3. Complete the adult application form (The Unit will have to turn in the application this year when doing re charting. This position will not appear on the online re charter this year.)

    Our Venturing Crew has boys and girls who have turned 21 but they are in Collage or are still in the area, and want to participate in/with the Crew.  They do not want to become Assistant Advisors, what other position can they have in the Crew?

    Code 92V

    This new code is for Venturing to use.

    1. Must be no younger than age 21 years old.

    2. Complete youth protection, Y02. This is the only required training (turn in a copy of your Y02 with the adult application)

    3. Complete the adult application form (The Unit will have to turn in the application this year when doing re charting. This position will not appear on the online re charter this year.)

    YIS
    Roger