Scouting for Food, Santa Parade, POW WOW, Training Opportunities

  • mchipman73
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012
      Greetings!!! November is a busy month for Scouting.

      Nov 3 - Scouting for Food bag distribution

      ---------------------

      Nov 10 - Santa Parade 1000-1100 am: There are now 4 Packs who have signed up or notified me they are participating - 1364, 501, 1353, 611; Scouting for Food bag pickup. Trucks will be out at collection points until mid-afternoon.....join us at the parade.

      ---------------------

      Nov 17 - POW WOW

      What is Pow Wow?

      Pow Wow is a supplemental, action-packed training event for adult Cub Scout leaders, pack committee members, parents of Cub Scouts and just Cub Scout-interested persons. You'll spend the day learning new ideas and concepts, and having hands-on experiences that will enhance your ability to deliver and support a fun-filled, exciting program to Cub Scout boys.

      When is Pow Wow?

      Pow Wow is Saturday, November 17, 2012. Doors open at 7:30 am. Walk-in registration and pre-registered pack pick-up starting at 8:00 am. Please, no early arrivals.
      Opening Ceremony begins at 8:40 am. The first training session starts promptly at 9:00 am. Some courses are 50 minutes long, some are 90 minutes long, some are 2 hours long and some are all morning or afternoon. BALOO is an all day course. We'll stop along the trail for Lunch, which is provided at noon.

      Where is Pow Wow?

      We're gathering at Annandale High School, 4700 Medford Drive, Annandale, Virginia.

      To register for POW WOW Cub Scout leaders, go to:

      http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/pow-wow/23556

      OTHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES check out the training site on NCAC site:

      http://www.boyscouts-ncac.org/OpenRosters/View_Homepage.aspx?orgkey=1934

      A way to keep Scouts interested in Scouting is to keep them busy with clean, safe, fun, organized, supervised activities...come join the fun. What to lead an activity in the District? Contact District POC Mark Chipman, Occoquan District Boy Scout, Cub Scout Activities Chair (mchipman73@...)