Santa's Parade

  • mchipman73
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2012
      Hope all are safe and sound after the storm and recovering. I have heard from only two units who wish to participate in the parade.

      We talked about the Scouting for Food (SFF) and Parade being on the same day and during same time frame. The SFF pick up points will be there until 2 pm or later dependant on the amount of food coming into each drop point. Walk in the Parade and pick up afterward. Boys like parades....

      Details are:

      Santa Old Bridge Parade - Global Theme "Holidays Around the World". ALL LEVELS of Scouting are invited to walk in the parade. It would be nice to see Tigers up through the oldest Scouts

      Saturday, Nov. 10, Scouts line up at 9:30 am. Starting at the main driveway entrance to Lake Ridge Middle School down to Cottonmill.

      Parade starts/departs at 10 a.m. from Lake Ridge Middle School, travels West on Old Bridge to the Exxon Station, corner of Smoketown and Old Bridge. Parents can pick up Scouts on Smoketown Road behind the Exxon Station.

      There is NO ENTRY FEE for Scout units this year.

      Guidance for the Parade:

      - Please be in Scout uniform with your shirts tucked in - thank you. Wear your Scout hat/cover if you have one.

      - Trucks pulling trailers which have Scouts riding on the trailer or in the bed of pickup trucks MUST HAVE TWO ADULTS walking next to the trailer or vehicle. Two adults on each side of the trailer or bed of truck, i.e. four (4) adults.

      - Please do not toss candy into the crowds for the crowds safety and the safety of the participants.

      - Please do not bring you Units American Flag on a Staff, the Prince William County Police will have an Honor Guard presenting the colors.

      - Please DO BRING your Unit Flag, either on a staff (minus the flyers to reduce weight) or in a banner configuration.

      - Please pick a country from around the world and dress to that Countries Holiday traditions.

      - And lots and lots of sleigh bells and Holiday noise makers.

      IMPORTANT: If your Unit is marching in the Parade - PROVIDE the
      following:

      - Unit & Number (Pack XXXX, Troop XXXX)

      - Estimated number of walkers (Scouts, Parents) 40-Scouts, 20-Parents

      - Specify if your Unit will enter a DECORATED vehicle (describe the vehicle configuration - e.g. truck pulling trailer, pickup only,
      etc)

      - Unit Point of Contact with a good home/cell phone number and an email address.

      - Send the above information to Mark Chipman, District Organizer at mchipman73@... <blockedmailto:mchipman73%40yahoo.com> please put in the subject line "Santa Parade"