- Red Ribbon Week Patch RED RIBBON WEEK OCTOBER 23-31, 2012 Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts can earn a FREE Patch from the DEA! Dear Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts Leaders,Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2012View Source
Red Ribbon Week Patch
RED RIBBON WEEK
OCTOBER 23-31, 2012
Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts can earn a FREE Patch from the DEA!
Dear Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts Leaders,
The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) created a Red Ribbon Week patch to encourage and support Scouts who wish to learn about Red Ribbon Week and participate in local efforts to educate youth about the dangers of drug abuse.
Red Ribbon Week was established in memory of the sacrifices made to help keep our communities drug-free and encourage youth to lead healthy lives, free of drugs. Observed annually from October 23-31, Red Ribbon Week is a national celebration to promote youth education on the dangers of substance abuse.
The DEA encourages all Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops to participate. Patches will be given to the first 25,000 qualifying Boy Scout and Girl Scouts.
All Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are eligible to participate in the program. To earn the DEA Red Ribbon Week Patch, Scouts must complete the following:
- Each Scout leader or designee must submit the Intent to Participate form by Friday, October 5th, 2012. The online form is available at www.JustThinkTwice.com.
- Each Scouting unit or troop must coordinate or support a Red Ribbon Week activity.
- Each Scout must attend a drug prevention education session.
- Each Scout must take the DEA Drug-Free Pledge.
- The Scout leader must submit the Activity Report upon completion of program requirements, no later than Friday, December 14th, 2012. The online form is available at www.JustThinkTwice.com.
The Implementation Guide is available at:
Please review the Implementation Guide.
Many of your questions will be answered in the guide.
For questions or comments on the program, please send email to Demand.Reduction@... or call 202-307-7981.