NCAC E-Source - Happy Labor Day!

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3 8:21 AM
      News from NCAC

      A Special Bulletin from National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America

      NCAC's E-Source: Keeping you in the loop

      Marriott Scout Service Center &
      Scout Shop will be closed on September 3, 2012.

      Labor Day Trivia

      Oregon was the first state to make Labor Day a holiday in 1887. By the time it became a federal holiday in 1894, thirty states had already started celebrating Labor Day. The original Labor Day was marked by a parade of workers protesting to have the 12-hour work day reduced to just 8 hours. Lucky for us they were successful!

      Here are some links to help you celebrate:

      "On My Honor I Will Do My Duty To God And My Country..."

      On Thursday, September 20, National Capital Area Council (NCAC), Boy Scouts of America will proudly host its 4th Annual Scouting Salutes the Military.

      The concept of Scouting Salutes the Military is unique, simple and powerful: Honor one active duty enlisted person who personifies the values found in the Scout Oath and Law to represent each of the five U.S. military branches - Army,  Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard - during a special evening event that brings together the national community in support of Scouting’s impact on today’s youth and the tremendous service - on and off the battlefield -  rendered by the men and women of our armed services.

      The 2012 Scouting Salutes the Military Honorees are:

      Active Duty Servicemembers with Youth in Scouting
      Active duty Servicemembers (or spouses of) who are registered adult volunteers with NCAC are invited to attend for free with your registered Scouting youth member. THIS IS A LIMITED OFFER! Please contact SupportScouting@... or 301-214-9151 for full details.

      Please visit www.BoyScouts-NCAC.org/SaluteTheMilitary for information about support opportunities and for registration details.

      Second Annual Freedom Walk - Sept 9

      Join us on Sunday, Sept. 9, 8am - Noon at Arlington National Cemetery to reflect, remember and renew your commitment to freedom. Take this opportunity to walk alongside veterans, servicemembers and their families to express your gratitude for their service.

      Help make this a diverse community event by inviting your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues to walk with you as a group. For more information, click
      here

      http://boyscouts-ncac.org/OrgsRichTextImages/370/National_Capital_Area_Council_Logo.jpg
      © 2012 / www.BoyScouts-NCAC.org

      #8046 #48974

      This message was forwarded to you by a friend. Your name has not been added to a mail list. If you would like to join a topic of interest for this organization click here.