Cub Scout Day Camp - Archery Pin
- Calling All Cub Scout Archers!
Have you received your Cub Scout Archery Belt loop already?
Enjoy Archery enough to learn a little more about it?
Consider getting your ARCHERY PIN at the Occoquan Cub Scout Day Camp, June 18-22, this summer!
Shooting sport belt loops and pins are difficult to earn, because they are camp-only programs, and must be awarded by certified Range Officers.
For the first time, Occoquan District Cub Scouts may earn their ARCHERY PIN at Day Camp.
Scouts WHO ALREADY ALREADY EARNED the Archery Belt Loop may work with the Range Officer to receive credit for/complete any 5 of 10 the requirements listed below:
[Requirement details and educational materials can be found at:
Requirements (complete any 5 of the 10 requirements:
1. Explain the parts of a bow and demonstrate bowstring.
2. Demonstrate how to properly use archery equipment and safety gear
3. Learn and explain the correct scoring techniques for target archery.
4. Make a poster about the four whistle codes.
5. Draw and label an archery range.
6. Design a CSA approved target.
7. Show how to properly store archery equipment.
8. Learn five facts about an archer (or archers) in history or literature.
9. Develop proficient shooting techniques by practicing for three hours.
10. Shoot 30 arrows from 30 feet scoring 50+ points, or 90 feet scoring 30+ points.
Scouts who choose to complete either requirement 9 OR 10. This may require one or two later afternoons at camp. Please have your parents discuss this in advance with the Range Officers.
All other requirements may be researched and prepared OUTSIDE
AND PRIOR TO Day Camp, and can be presented to a range officer during the camp week for credit.
Please refer questions, and discussions about extra shooting time to :
Carrie Kulp-Hanna, Pack 295
NCAC-Certified Archery Range Officer
In the subject line of the email, please state: "Cub Scout Archery Pin Information"