Historic Merit Badges

  • JoAnn Clamp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012
      **Forwarded per request by Scott Smith - NCAC VP Program Impact**

      <<Start of Forwarded Message>>

      Please ensure the following information is disseminated to all Troops:
      The 2010 Centennial Historic Merit Badges must have a completion date entered on the respective blue card and into ScoutNet of no later than 31 Dec 2010.  Internal to NCAC only, we elected to extend the completion time until Apr 30, 2011, but mandated that all such 'late' completions have a completion date on the card of no later than 31 Dec 2010.  Out thinking was that we did not want to punish our Scouts for a program that was intended to be launched Jan 1, 2010, but was delayed until 1 May 2010.  If anyone has a problem with the ethics of this decision, I take full responsibility and will be happy to discuss this matter with them individually.

      In the interim, to avoid any problems with a participating Scout's official records, please use a completion date of 31 December 2010 for all Centennial Historic Merit Badges [unless earned earlier]; absolutely no later as ScoutNet will not permit any date later than that.

      I sincerely hope everyone understands that we do not want to harm the Scouts for a decision we made.

      <<End Forwarded Message>>

      YiSS,
      JoAnn Clamp
      Vice Chairman - Program