LCPL Himan Community Service Project Update

  • Rob Deziel (Home)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10 8:38 PM

      Scouts and Scouters,

      There is a load of top soil being delivered this Saturday (3/12) at 10:00 AM.  Not much to do except to make smaller strategically pre-position piles around the yard for the following Saturday.  If you are interested in helping this Saturday let me know beforehand.  I am thinking 20-25 Scouts and adults should be plenty.  Myself and the landscape designer will be on site to tell you were to deposit the soil.

      You will need to bring your own tools (shovels, rakes, and wheel barrows), also plan on being self-sufficient with hydration and lunch.  Lunch may or may not available on site, but that is also on a volunteer basis so it's an

      unknown.   Other crew will do on site also.  Be prepared.

      Call or write NLT by 6:00 pm tomorrow (Friday) to confirm your participation and numbers.  Do not show up without me knowing about it first.  This is not a big task.  The lot is small and there are other activities going on, so please supervise your scouts.  Scouts must be at least 12 years old.  This

      is not my rule, but the non-profit liability stipulation.   Everyone will

      have to fill out an emergency contact info sheet.  Make sure your scouts

      have their medical insurance info.   The back yard is off limits to scouts,

      a retaining wall and concrete pad are going in.

      The work on Saturday will be followed up on the weekend of the 19th/20th with a much bigger task. The spreading of top soil, mulch laying sod, digging and planting will occur this weekend.

      Any questions call or write.

      YISS,

      Jim Perna

      ASM Troop 1919

      703 380-3916

    • Jim Perna
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11 4:43 PM
        Sorry for the last minute change, but we have to shift this to Sunday. Same
        time and place (13451 Orangewood Drive, Woodbridge)