RE: Community Service Project

  • Rob Deziel (Home)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2011

      Scouters of Occoquan,

      Jim and I would like to thank those that have volunteered to assist with LCpl Himan’s Wounder Warrior Home project.

      The Boy Scouts have been asked to design and manage the landscaping portion of this project. (http://bringcorporalhimanhome.weebly.com/index.htm).  Our District has responded with an outpouring of labor assistance.  As the details of our portion continue to be refined, we may need more assistance.   Weather permitting, the landscaping work will be accomplished over the last two weekends of March when the remaining construction should be indoors.

      We are looking for donations or reduced cost landscaping materials (sod, trees, mulch, etc.) and need assistance to turn design plans into a shopping list.  If you know of someone or a business that can help, please forward contact information to Jim Perna at vjp38@....

      Jim Perna is leading the coordination between the Boy Scouts and The NOVA Fuller House and will collect service hour information for the NOVA Fuller House, District, and NCAC use.  Each Pack, Troop, Team, Crew and others will need to manage accountability of their member’s service hours.   Jim will

      Thanks in advance,

      Jim Perna

      ASM BSA Troop 1919