READ THIS NOW TO ENSURE THAT YOUR UNIT WILL NOT DROP IN ONE WEEK!!!

  • Andy Tainter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2011

      All

      Attached, and imbedded below, is the status of the Occoquan district recharters as we know it today.  As you can see with one week left before we hit the wall, this is not an enviable position.  (Feb 28 is the absolute drop dead date for recharter processing before a unit is dropped)

      The status in this email represents the snapshot in time of Sunday morning, feb 20.  If you provided any/all of the requested information on Sunday please understand that we are still in the process of recording that information.  No need to send that information again – we will get it recorded properly.  I will send out another status before OOB Thu.

      PLEASE CHECK YOUR UNIT STATUS BELOW (or in attached XLS) AND IF YOU ARE MARKED AS RED (Issues) THEN YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY FOLLOW THE APPROPRIATE STEPS BELOW:

      1.       If your issue contains “FUNDS” then you already know the amount Council says they need.  Please bring a check to Round Table (RT) tomorrow night (Feb 21) for the amount or make arrangements to drop it off before COB Wed Feb 23.

      2.       If your issue is not FUNDS or YPT then please bring whatever is required to RT

      3.       If your issue is YPT then you already know who we need the YPT information from.  If there is some confusion, please contact Roger immediately to resolve.  If you have already sent something in, then mea culpa, but please send it again or please bring all of the required YPT certs to RT

      4.       If your issue is YPT and you have no realistic expectation of providing us a YPT cert for one or more of your adults before WED COB, then you have two choices.  The unit can drop the adult from the charter or the CC can send an email to me and Roger stating that the person(s) have either taken YPT or will take YPT at the earliest opportunity.  This email must be from the unit CC and must reference the person(s) by name.  If they have YPT already based on your records, please include that information as well.  This email will be used as a statement for the record up at council to get the charter processed.  This path does not waive the requirement for the adult to be YPT trained.

      All issues need to be resolved NLT COB Wed Feb 23.  If your unit has outstanding issues that are not resolved, then your unit could possibly be dropped (dissolved) by BSA on March 1, 2011.  I understand that this is, and continues to be, frustrating but NOW is the time to act.  I cannot stress enough how critical it is that you act immediately.  If your unit were to drop, it is not a simple matter to get it reinstated.  What’s worse, your youths’ advancement would be seriously jeopardized.

      Note that the units in yellow (marked ready) are those that have not been processed yet but we know of no current outstanding issues.  If you’re is this category you should be OK.

      Roger and I will be setup in a room at RT to gather the necessary information.  If you cannot bring it to RT then please come there and let’s plan a course of action for youIf you cannot make it to RT and you have YPT issues, then your unit CC must follow up with Roger or myself before Wed COB via email with the requested cert(s) or statement(s).

      Please provide only the requested information preferably all in a single email.  The email inboxes are getting filled with all of the back and forth.  I truly do not mean to dismiss your frustration with this process but the fact right now though is that we have no more time left.

      Sincerely

      Andy Tainter

      District Commissioner

      Occoquan District