August Roundtable Reminder

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Fellow Scouters and Volunteer Parents,

      It has been a long HOT summer. Our Scout have been to and returned from summer camp. Merit badges have been earned and blisters healed. In the early morning hours just before sunrise while most are still asleep one can hear the sounds of woodland creatures scampering about collecting food for the coming winter. Yeah, bring it on! I do believe we have had enough of summer and that means it must be time for the August Roundtable!!!!!!!!!!!

      When: Monday (8/8)at 7:15 PM
      Where: Grace Baptist Church on Spriggs Road
      Who: all district Scouters, Scouting parents and interested persons

      This will be our last roundtable before the public schools reopen in the fall and it is your first opportunity to meet the new Scouters who have moved into the area over the summer.

      If you have information to share with district units during the joint session, please let me know via e-mail NLT 6:00 PM Sunday (8/7). You'll only be given a few minutes so if your info is extensive, put the details on a handout and insert these in the unit mail drop folders prior to the start of Roundtable.

      For the Boy Scout-Varsity Roundtable breakout session, the theme will be "Sports". As is our custom we will also be sharing information about the various summer activities we participated in and providing feedback on summer camps we used.

      If you have information to share specific to the Boy Scout-Varsity
      breakout session, follow the same guidance given for the joint session.

      Come on down and bring some of your Scouting buddies to the August
      Roundtable.

      See ya next Monday!

      YIS,

      Pete DeSalva