4866Fw: Philmont Opening - Troop 1369

  • E Lee Hutchins
    Jul 6, 2014
    Rush -
    Can you pass on to the greater NCAC HAC?

    Occoquan District Scouters -
    Please see below, a great last minute opportunity....

    Our troop has a crew going to Philmont this August and we have found ourselves in a rather unfortunate situation.  One of our adult leaders is battling cancer and his condition has worsened to the point where he is unable to join us.  He has paid for the trip in full and we would like to avoid having him lose his money.

    Can you advertise the opening to the District through your HAC to see if there are any adults who can help us out?  We also have openings for 2 scouts, if a leader steps forward and would like to bring their son/other scouts from the troop.  For privacy reasons, please don’t distribute the specifics regarding why the leader can’t attend.

    Trip particulars:
    Depart Washington Aug 11, return Aug 19
    Trek No. 7-7, 40 miles rugged, southern section
    Cost - $469 for Trek.  Air fare additional

    I have cc’d our High Adventure Coordinator for this trek, our Scoutmaster and Committee Chair.  Please reply all on your response.

    Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

    YIS,

    Paul W. Grubbs
    Troop 1369 Assistant Scoutmaster
    703-590-2166 H
    703-401-9046 C
    202-741-2013 W

    This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged, business sensitive, and/or proprietary information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.