      From: Stanley Mushaw <smushaw@...>
      To: Daniel Marquis <drougeskipper@...>; Occoquan <Occoquan@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: Ben Hazekamp <Ben.Hazekamp@...>; Roger LaBrie <roglabrie@...>
      Sent: Mon, Jun 30, 2014 1:26 am
      Subject: Re: Recharter schedule is changing

      Dan & District Scouters:
          Atchd is a BSA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Paper on Changes in Unit Registration and Membership Reporting.  The main driver for this action appears to be BSA’s new No Lapsed Unit policy.  In order to make that work, they need to move up the Recharter turn-in dates by 30 days.

         Council has formed a Recharter Response Team to help craft Council’s implementation plan for the new BSA policy.  Group is chaired by the Council Commissioner and includes the District Commissioners and Recharter “gurus” from each District.  Roger LaBrie and I are the reps for the Occoquan District.  As Roger correctly notes below, this is all very much in the “draft” phase and the specific details will be released in early Aug along with the new Recharter Handbook.  For now, the atchd FAQ is your best source of info.  Keep your eyes peeled, too, on the NCAC home page and scouting magazines for additional info.

      Stan Mushaw
      District Commissioner
      Occoquan District
      (703) 494-2258

      On 6/29/14 9:55 PM, "Daniel Marquis" <drougeskipper@...> wrote:

      Any justification for this change, or is this more change for change's sake to keep turmoil in the Scouting program alive and well?

      Dan Marquis