4853Reminder, Flag Retirement Ceremony tonight at Quantico National Cemetery

  • Ken Todd
    Jun 18 6:12 AM

    As was announced last week, the annual Flag retirement Ceremony has been rescheduled for this evening, with a Rain data of tomorrow night.  We hope to see as many of you there as possible.

    flag_ceremony2flag - Girls

    RESCHEDULE DATE

    FLAG DAY

    RETIREMENT CEREMONIES

    WEDNESDAY JUNE 18, 2014 -- 7:00 pm

    (RAIN DATE JUNE 19, 2014)

    QUANTICO NATIONAL CEMETERY

    Scouts and Scouters,

    Quantico National Cemetery has granted us a reschedule date for retirement ceremonies this year.   Thank you for your patience during last night’s weather.

    Plan to honor flags that have served this country well, with this evening ceremony to honor those American Flags that have become worn, tattered, and unserviceable.

    If you have flags to be retired, please bring them! If you wish to bring heavy duty scissors to use to assist with cutting the large flags, please do so, they are always welcome.

    I know that all Scouts will "Do Their Best" to behave appropriately and not run around the cemetery, but I would also suggest, especially for younger Scouts, that you "Be Prepared" for a period of inactivity while the Units are forming up.

    DIRECTIONS:

    If you have never been to the cemetery, take I-95 to exit 150B (the Triangle/Quantico Exit).  Head west approximately 2 miles.  (Pass Prince William Forest Park entrance.)  Quantico National Cemetery will be on the left side of the road.  Follow the driveway back until you see the people congregating.

    Please use the designated parking areas.

    We’ll have another great patch for sale this year, to commemorate the event.

    ($3)   Checks payable to Carol or to Steve Courtney.

    A reminder to all Cub Packs, this activity counts as a summer activity.

    If you have further questions, contact Carol Courtney at CourtneyScouts@... or 540-548-8706.