4847Potomac Nationals Scout E-Newsletter June 2014

  • Alice Nelson
    Jun 9, 2014
    Good Afternoon Scout Leaders!

    Our second Scout Night of the season is just one week away!  On Friday June 13, we will be playing a double-header of two 7-Inning games with a half hour break in-between games.  First game of the double-header will begin at 5:35 PM.  The pre-game Scout Parade will take place between games.  After the second game has been completed we will have Kids Run the Bases presented by Glory Days Grill, show the movie “Madagascar” on the videoboard, and your scouts and families can camp out on the field overnight.

    Policy Change for Campout:
    After this past Scout Night we had 18 tent stakes leftover in our outfield, which we have never had more than three on a given night.  These tent stakes, if not found, pose a threat to the safety of our players.  With that being said, I have been informed by our Head Groundskeeper that we can no longer allow tents that require stakes that must be placed into the ground.  This has never been a real issue in the past but the large amount of tent stakes that were found has unfortunately left us in a predicament where we have to make a tough decision.  Many ballparks across the country that host campout nights like ours have had this same policy that we are implementing in effect for years.  Please inform your scouts, parents, and anyone else who might be joining your group for a campout this season.  Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation with regards to this matter.

    2014 Scout Night Schedule:
    Saturday July 26-Uncle Slam’s Birthday Party!, Fireworks!, Kids Run the Bases presented by Glory Days Grill, Michael Taylor Jersey Pillow Giveaway (First 1,000 fans) presented by PMSI, "Despicable Me" Movie, and Campout
    Saturday August 16-Fireworks!, Kids Run the Bases presented by Glory Days Grill, Jayson Werth Wolf-A-Rine Giveaway (First 1,000 fans) presented by Lindsay Automotive, Food Truck Night, Star Wars Night, “Wreck-It Ralph” Movie, and Campout

    Booking Your Group:
    Attached to this e-mail is an order form that outlines all of the pricing and Scout Night campout nights for this year.  This is a great tool to use in planning your group’s outing.  Once your group has selected a date, it is best to call ahead and place a deposit down to reserve your space for the game.  Deposits are just $2 per person for however many people you estimate in your party (Minimum 20 people).  The deposit is non-refundable but it will go towards your final payment so whether your final number goes above your initial estimate or below it your deposit will still go towards your final count.  Final numbers and final payments for group outings are due roughly two weeks prior to the game date.  Deposits and final payments can be made through me over the phone or in person and payment for both can be made by credit card, cash, or check.  Attached to this e-mail you will find an order form that should help you in organizing your Pack or Troop outing.  To get your group’s space locked in for the game of your choice give me (Andrew Stinson) a call at (703) 590-2311 x 210.

    Add-Ons for Your Order:
    Did you know that you can add-on Food Vouchers, Parking Passes, and even Kid's Zone Wristbands to your order when you buy your tickets?  Purchasing these items will save you money if you are planning on buying these things anyways.  Parking passes are available for $4 each ($5 cash regularly).  Food vouchers are good for a hot dog, chips, and soda and are available for $6.50 each, a savings of $3.00 off the regular price.  The Kid's Zone wristband which provides a whole night's worth of fun are available for purchase for just $5 each, regularly $7 each.  All of these must be purchased prior to the game date.

    Scout Baseball Camp:
    On Saturday August 16, we will have our fourth annual Scout Baseball Camp here at Pfitzner Stadium.  This camp is for CUB SCOUT AGED SCOUTS ONLY and is a four hour camp designed for beginners to teach them the basic rules, skills, and provide them the opportunity to play a friendly game with other scouts. The camp includes instruction from P-Nats players, lunch, 2 grandstand tickets to the August 16 Scout Night game, and an exclusive Scout Baseball Camp patch.  The camp cost is only $40 and at the end of the camp, scouts should be able to meet all of the requirements for the baseball belt loop and pin.  Attached to this e-mail is the order form for the camp.  We can accept the baseball camp sign-up via in-person, mail or e-mail.  The sooner you can turn in the camp sign-up form the better it is for us so we can plan accordingly.  Walk-up registrations will be accepted, but we really prefer everyone to pre-register.  If you have any questions or would like to get your scout signed up, please call Andrew Stinson at
    (703) 590-2311 x 210.

    Scout Night FAQs:
    -Can we bring in outside food or beverages into the ballgame or campout? For the game no outside food or beverage is allowed into the stadium with the exception of one bottle of water per person. For the campout, you can bring in any food or beverages that you would like with the exception of alcohol and food that requires cooking.  No open flames!
    -Should I bring a tent into the park for the game?  No, leave all camping equipment in your car until the game is over.  Go out to your car after the game, fireworks, or kids run the bases, grab all of your equipment and, bring it to the ballpark.  You may drive up to the stadium to drop off equipment, but you must re-park your car in the parking lot.
    -What rules are there for camping out?  Only tents that do not require stakes will be allowed on the field, no open flames are allowed in the outfield, no alcohol, please clean up after yourself, and if you are planning to use bug spray please apply it on your person prior to stepping onto the field.
    -When can we pick up our scout patches?  Scout patches are handed out the following morning as campers are leaving the field at the first base gate.
    -What time is wakeup call on Sunday morning?  Wake up call is at 6 AM and everyone must be off of the field by 7 AM.
    -Do we need to reserve space for the campout?  No, anyone who wants to campout is welcome to do so; they just need to have a ticket to the game.
    -We don't have a group of 20; can we still get the group discount rate? Yes, but only if you call me with your order.  Tickets purchased online are not available for any discounts and are subject to a $1.50 surcharge per ticket that is only avoidable when purchasing through the box office.
    -Do the concession stands accept Credit Cards for payment?  No, cash or baseball bucks only.  We now have an ATM at the ballpark, but it is recommended that you bring cash with you to make purchases throughout the stadium.  Baseball bucks are sold in the team store and can be used just like cash anywhere in the ballpark.
    -How much is parking?  Parking is $5 cash per car on game day.  Your group can purchase discounted parking passes when you place your ticket order over the phone with me.  The discounted parking passes are just $4 each and are only available to groups that choose to have their tickets mailed or plan on picking up their tickets prior to the game date.
    -What time do the fireworks, kids run the bases, and camping start?  Since baseball is an untimed sport, there is no set timeframe for all of these post-game activities.  Our average game is 3 hours long and we will follow the game with fireworks, kids run the bases and then the camping in that order.
    -Can our group present the colors for one of the Scout Nights?  As of right now all of our Scout Nights have been filled by groups but the opportunity to present the colors at any of our games is possible as long as it is not already booked by another group.  Please contact me to find out more information.

    That concludes this month's issue for the Scout Night Newsletter.  As always I will be happy to hear back from you, whether it is any feedback about our Scout Nights or whether you want to place an order.  Please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail, and we can talk about whatever is on your mind.  Thank you very much for all of the work you do and I hope to hear from you soon.  If you would like to be removed from this e-newsletter please simply reply back to me.

    Thanks,
    Andrew Stinson
    Director of Group Sales
    Potomac Nationals – Join the Party!
    Carolina League Affiliate of the Washington Nationals
    (703) 590-2311 x 210
    P-NatsSignatureLogo