4744Re: [Occoquan Scouting Newsgroup] Looking for storage options

  • Liz DiNorma
    Jan 22, 2014
      Our Pack just went through this.  We were not able to find any discounted storage facilities.

      What we ended up doing (to cut to the chase) is found a willing church who allowed us to put a $500 Rubbermaid shed from Lowes on their property.  (http://www.lowes.com/pd_321314-1217-FG5L30LWFMONX_0__?productId=3153361&Ntt=rubbermaid+sheds&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Drubbermaid%2Bsheds&facetInfo= -- currently on sale for $475).  They even delivered for free, I believe, because we were Cub Scouts.

      This option does NOT work for the PWD Track -- we have an aluminum one that needs to be stored flat and climate controlled.  We do have a scout family that is storing that for us separately, and we are hoping to be able to continue to find private storage for that going forward (there's at least one younger son in that family still, so we have them locked in for a few more years.) :)

      While the shed is small, it's large enough for our crossing over bridge and other various and sundry things that we use on a once or a few times a year basis.  (We finally ditched the real raingutters made from raingutters and will be purchasing inflatable ones for next summer.  This past summer we borrowed them from the District and it was so much easier to use them).

      Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need more info and I'd be happy to share.

      Liz DiNorma
      Committee Chair, Pack 1189

      *****
      Liz DiNorma

      So be sure when you step.
      Step with care and great tact
      and remember that Life’s
      a Great Balancing Act.
      Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
      And never mix up your right foot with your left.
      -- Dr. Seuss

      On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM, <vernon.bahm@...> wrote:

      Our Pack is looking for a good, inexpensive/free place to store our Pack gear (PW Derby track, flags, raingutters, etc.).  Our current location (Scout family basement) is no longer an option.  Does anyone know if any of the local storage facilities offer significant discounts to Scout groups?  Any and all good ideas are appreciated.  I checked with a local facility today and they want more $ than we can afford.

      Feel free to email me direct at vjbahm@....

      Vern
      Pack 1365 Committee Chairman
      Lake Ridge, VA