4700Old pictures from 1974/5 (If you don't know what Prince William District was then sorry to spam you ;-)

  • Andy Tainter
    Dec 8, 2013

      Did you grow up around here?  Were you in an Explorer Post 1352 in Lake Ridge?  Anyway, I think the number was 1352 – definitely 13 something with a 5 in there.  (my slide projector is old and fuzzy and who has screens anymore…)  Go to Goshen?  A really long canoe trip?  See Old Ironsides?  A Boy Scout museum somewhere?  Well I have a full slide deck and maybe you’re in there!  Dunno quite sure how I ended up with it but…

      There are also some Philmont slides from 1974.  Not sure if this is the same unit, it doesn’t look like it.  This was clearly a multi-unit NCAC bus trip so not sure whether it was a provisional crew.  Definitely NCAC shoulder patches.  So I’m putting those in there too.

      If for nothing else, there are a couple good shots of Goshen 40 years ago.  Like the long swinging bridge across the river, the lake from on high, the old dam and dirt road around the lake, etc.  Also a couple decent shots of Philmont in the 1970’s from what might be from the tooth of time.  I figured I’d give someone here a shot before council.

      I hate to just toss these out so if you’re interested let me know.  First response gets them.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic