4692Re: [Occoquan Scouting Newsgroup] Occoquan District December Roundtable

  • E Lee Hutchins
    Dec 6, 2013

      As we are hot in the middle of Recharter and the subject of adult training is on everyone's mind, let me put in a plug for the Spring Woodbadge Course.  Woodbadge is often referred as a capstone event for adults.  I would offer that it is a great training opportunity early in you scouting career - even for Wolf Den Leaders!

      Woodbadge is all about Leadership within the context of the scouting model.  The course is nationally recognized by employers and the Program Management Institute!

      The commitment is 2 weekends in (the first is May 2-4 and the 2nd is Jun 6-8) as well as a patrol level meeting between the 2 weekends and then your tickets over the following 18 months.

      Each program (Cub Scouting, Boy Scouts, Varsity, Venture, Sea Scouts) benefits from their leaders having completed the course.  Please take the time to talk about it at your next committee meeting and see who your unit would like to send.  It's worth the investment!

      We have a phenomenal team this spring to staff the even including 2 scouters from right here in the Occoquan District.  It's going to be a lot of fun and will offer you an opportunity to network with those outside our district as well as some incredibility talented and passionate scouters at the Council level.

      Shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions.  We expect the online registration to open up by January.

      YiWBS

      Lee Hutchins
      ASM Troop 295 and NCAC Spring 2014 Woodbadge Staff Member
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic