4630October Roundtable Reminder

  • desalvap
    Oct 10, 2013

      Scouters, Scouts and Volunteer Parents,

      The temperature has dropped and color is starting to show on tree leaves. Fall is here and so is the October Roundtable!

      When: October 14th at 7:15 PM (please arrive about 7:00 PM)
      Where: Grace Baptist Church on Spriggs Road

      All district Scouts, Scouters, Scouting parents and interested youth and adults are encouraged to participate and share in Scouting fellowship.

      This is the last RT before the AWESOME Zombie Apocalypse Camporee scheduled for 18-20 October.  If you have questions, this is a good time to get answers.  All units planning on attending are encouraged to use the Camporee website whose hyperlink appears below.

      http://www.ncacbsa.org/events/event_details.asp?id=321794&group=114100

      Units signing up using the website will be assigned campsites first (in order they sign up). Units that show up at the Camporee without registration will be assigned locations furthest from the trailer parking area.  Suggestion: use the website. As a courtesy to assist camporee planning, units are asked to bring their head counts (adult / youth) to RT wher camporee staff will be collecting this information.

      If you have information to share with district units during the joint session, please let me know via e-mail reply to this account NLT noon Monday (10/14). Only a few minutes will be available for each person. If your info is extensive, put the details on a handout and insert these in the unit mail drop folders prior to the start of Roundtable.

      If you have information to share during the Boy Scout-Varsity Roundtable breakout session, follow the same guidance given for the joint session. During the breakout session, we'll be making a special award presentation, discussing youth leadership training as well as discussing WEB II recruitment visits.

      I hope to see everyone at Roundtable. Share the knowledge and bring your Scouting buddies too!

      Yours in Scouting,

      Pete DeSalva
      Occoquan District Roundtable Commissioner

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic