FW: School Board needs Budget Feedback

  • Richard Fairly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4 3:45 PM

      FYI

      Richard Fairly

      Instructional Program Support Coach

      Oakland Tech High School

      4351 Broadway

      Oakland, CA 94611

      Phone: 510-879-3050

      Cell: 510-289-7067

      Fax: 510-879-3059

      From: Jody London
      Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:44 PM
      To: 'kellyweigel@...'; 'gurujulp@...'; 'MichaelJAllison@...'; 'kimberleewhite@...'; 'jsmckillips@...'; 'brioneselizabeth@...'; 'kiki1kat@...'; 'lindafogel@...'; 'Jlbphd@...'; 'lizajade@...'; 'dcash@...'; 'mfratus@...'; 'sam@...'; 'charles@...'; Richard Fairly; 'mabirge@...'; vernfami@... ; 'Michael Napolitano'; 'julieharris61@...'; 'Philippa Barron'; Jonathan Mayer; Wendi Caporicci; Beverly Rothenberg; Mel Stenger; Rosette Costello; Zarina Ahmad; Monique F. Brinson; Carol Johnson; Kenya Crockett; Sheilagh Andujar; Beverly Jarrett; Carmelita Reyes; Sallyann Tomlin ; Lyn Hikida; 'Cindy Wilson'
      Cc: Rebecca Hopkins; Troy Flint
      Subject: School Board needs Budget Feedback

      Principals and Parent Leaders,

      Happy New Year to each of you!  I hope you had a good holiday season and were able to rest up.

      As you know, the School Board will be examining in great detail in coming months how to restructure our budget to accommodate the significantly smaller amount of money (10% of our general fund) that we will have for Fiscal Year 2010-2011.  We have posted an online survey where anyone – teachers, parents, community members, staff – can provide us with feedback. I would appreciate your assistance in getting the word out widely about this. Whatever you can do to bring this to the attention of families, staff, and the community at large is greatly appreciated.

      http://www.ousd.k12.ca.us/budgetfeedback

      I also want to make sure you know that you can send information about activities at your school to the OUSD Communications staff.  They put out a weekly update and are looking for information.  Please use the form found here: http://publicportal.ousd.k12.ca.us/calendarform

      I am looking forward to participating in several of your PTA meetings this month.  For those of you I have not yet attended, please contact me offline so we can find a date.

      Thanks for all you do to make Oakland Unified the most improved urban district in California , 5 years in a row!

      - Jody

      ----

      Jody London

      Director, District 1