2953Oakland Tech Theatre Performances next week - Hamlet, Oakland style

  • Christopher Vernon
    Jan 7, 2010
      The Award-Winning Drama Program at Oakland Technical High School is thrilled to present our upcoming show......"Hamlet:Blood In the Brain"!

      Performances - Jan 14th, 15th, and 16th (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
      at Oakland Tech's Auditorium ,  42nd @ Broadway, 7pm sharp,
      with an added matinee performance on Jan 16th,  Saturday at 2pm.

      Written by local acclaimed playwright Naomi Iizuka, this re-telling of Shakespeare's classic tale of murder, scandal, and intrigue is reset in Oakand in 1989, with modern language and contemporary settings. Please note we have rated this production "PG-13" for violence, mild language, and drug references.  (Shakespeare's original works are equally mature in content). This show is intended for high-school aged students and older.

      As American H.S. Theatre Festival award winners, our students will be performing this play on tour around the Bay Area this spring....and then at the world's largest theatre festival this summer in Edinburgh, Scotland this summer! See it now before we go International!

      Tickets are $5 for the Thursday preview or with student I.D., $8 General Admission.
      Tickets are available at the door, or from Advanced Drama students the week of show.
      Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so arrive early!

      Thank you for supporting our program and coming out for this not-to-miss event!
      ****Tell all your friends!!!****

      See you there!
      Jessa Brie Berkner, Theatre Director O.T.H.S.

      P.S. We are currently raising funds for our Scotland trip and can use all the support you are able to give. We are half-way to our goal! Make checks payable to "O.T.H.S./OakTechRep", c/o Jessa Berkner at Oakland Technical High School , 4351 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94611

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic