Opera on 40, 20 meters , and 10 meters among other bands

  • Rein A
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2012
      The latest version has now 40, 20 and 10 meter assigned frequencies!

      73 Rein W6SZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2012
        20, 40 , 60 mtrs , 10 was there before 13 Jan

        14:21 10135 G0NBD de K3UK Op2 5531 km -28 dB in 28075 10M fn02

        :)

      • vk4yeh@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2012
          Hello Rein,

          after a long time, it is good to see you! I see that you can rcv me on 40m. My antennas will be re-sited in the next few weeks, so hopefully rx will improve for me.

          Tim
          --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "Rein A" <rein0zn@...> wrote:

          > The latest version has now 40, 20 and 10 meter assigned frequencies!
          >
          > 73 Rein W6SZ

        • Rein A
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2012
            Hallo Tim,

            Thanks and indeed it is nice to see your signals again on a
            new mode. It is unfortunate that the time is not optimum for California!!

            Perhaps we could do some testing? JT2/WSPR vs Opera or so?

            I am wondering about Op2 vs Op4 and on how much of the data
            can be lost before a decode fails. Seeing more Op4 signals
            here that do not last long enough ( the 4 minutes ) Just wondering
            were the optimum is.

            Opera is definitely a big success. I am just listening
            around the clock ( one rx on JT65-HF and another one on Opera )
            The band switching 40m <-> 20m is happening on different times
            for JT and Opera.
            Also, there is a lot of stuff going on around 7038 here during the
            time, it is dark.

            Also, how much power are you running on Opera?

            It takes time for people to learn about new modes. I wished
            there would be some activity form South Africa among other places.

            73 Rein W6SZ