OPERA malwaere

  • Rickfordg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
      G,

      This is the first time I heard such crap. I asked him to let me know where he read this non sense.... maybe google search will reveal the source.

      Rich

      As for OPERA, I'm afraid that I'm not interested in trying it. Too much chance of malware, from what I've read.<<
    • Andy - KU4XR
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
        For what it's worth... Spybot reports it as Malware, but not a high risk threat..
        That may be where it came from, and someone posted it on a list somewhere,
        and it went email list viral...

        I found out when running Spybot as a usual maintenance on my PC recently..

        Andy - KU4XR

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013

          That wont help ,  not  used that  for a  long  time , Malwarebytes  never has  flagged it ..

          G,

          ---In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, <ku4xr@...> wrote:

          For what it's worth... Spybot reports it as Malware, but not a high risk threat..
          That may be where it came from, and someone posted it on a list somewhere,
          and it went email list viral...

          I found out when running Spybot as a usual maintenance on my PC recently..

          Andy - KU4XR

          On Mon, 12/2/13, Rickfordg <wd4rbx@...> wrote:

          G,

          This is the first time I heard such crap. I asked him
          to let me know where he read this non sense....
          maybe google search will
          reveal the source.

          Rich

          As for OPERA, I'm afraid that I'm not
          interested in trying it. Too much chance of malware, from what
          I've read.<<
        • siegfried jackstien
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2013
            Any software that you install could contain malware (even the os with its
            number of updates!!!) ...

            Who can tell what really is behind the background?!?

            Yes opera make "home calls" ... but it is no malware ... it is cause the
            chat and spot server is located "at home"

            Dg9bfc

            Sigi