KU4XR Monitoring 8.9 KHz - OP4H

  • Andy - KU4XR
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
      Rich and the list:

      I Am using a small tuned loop to receive with, and I believe it is able to hear..
      If you are able to fire up the TX, I already have OP4H running..
      *** Please advise if you can't run tonite so I don't waste an entire night ***

      73:

      Andy - KU4XR
    • Rickfordg
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
        Andy,

        I will run starting at 22:30 UTC and if all goes well I will let it run over night. I just ran another simple test. I connected my Fluke 179 across the antenna leads and saw 1.7 amps @ ac. Lets see what happens.

        TNX Rich
        If I shut the beacon down Ill let you know  by 10  PM our time.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013

           22-31 z

          ALL de WD4RBX (United States): Beacon Op4H every 262:00 in Townville, SC. USA

          This  could take some  time  !

          GL-73-G,

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2013
            Andy, all,

            Looks like rain moving in tonight. I will shut down when first beacon finishes should be around 9:30 ~ 10:00 our time.

            I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday will resume testing Thursday, Friday WX permitting. Weekend looks really bad. Lots of rain and maybe Thunder storms...Sucks with this huge lightning rod in the air..Hi Hi

            Best 73's

            Rich
            WD4RBX