Op4H question

  • Rickfordg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2013
      If I understand correctly just before OPERA TX it looks at the band pass for strong signals and adjusts it's TX frequency accordingly. What OPERA will see at my QTH is a strong harmonic of the 60 Hz mains. My question is. Will OPERA adjust it's tx frequency to the same TX frequency every time? The mains harmonic should be rather stable. If it does then should I not have a stable TX freq?

      Rich
      WD4RBX
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2013

        Rich,

        In reality , its the   qrm/spectrum at the  RX that's  important ,   manually , you  could  survey the  Rx site  and  pick the  lowest   s/n  spot in the  pass band  and  set carrier qrg  to  that

        When  sending  under  sound card control  , the  TX frequency  will  vary , in  a  step change at  each rx/tx change  over ,   for  a  blind  beacon  , this  still  happens  , but  the  carrier  avoidance  facility is  lost.

        Separation  of  only  100mHz  is  needed  for  OP64 , so its unlikely a  qrg  will  be 'in band'

        This is the  same  for  all  speeds , the  only  difference  with  OP4H and the 16KHz  light  test  version  , is the  sound  card  is  used  as  SDR

        In terms  of  stability , the  level  achieved  by the  sound card is sufficient  for  any  of the  modes

        Good luck -73

        G,

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2013
          G,

          I asked this question a bit a go but worded it differently. Let me try again. What is the frequency range of the pass band TX of Op4H? Will a grabber see the OPERA TX signal that is using sound card SDR? I believe so...Just want to clarify.

          If a RX station is running Op4H sound card SDR it should work just FB.

          TNX

          Rich
          WD4RBX
          PS going out side to pull 700 feet of wire.