TX time per OPERA mode

  • Rickfordg
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2013
      G,

      How longe does it take to TX a Op4H beacon?

      TNX
      Rich
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2013

        Rick,

        It should take  4 Hours  , best  s/n  decode  was  close to  -50 dB  s/n  , that  time  was  in keeping  with the qrsss  plots  ,   8 KHz   audio  band  stations  normally  just  send  a  100% duty cycle  carrier

        In tests  OP4H  also showed on qrss  plots at  these levels  ,

        73-G,

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2013
          TNX G,

          That was what I was thinking. I will be running a live test today and this weekend. Trying to find a way to RX my signal with out outside help or a computer...GL right?

          Rich

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2013
            G if there is any other way I can help with my website such as info about OPERA let me know. Ill be glad to help.
            Live equipment test going on now.

            Rich

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2013
              What I'm trying is a small loop antanna conneced to my NASA VLF3 with the filter turned off. The VLF3 audio out is connected to a digital recorder. Wish me lucl :-)
              Rich