QRM on 10 meters

  • Richard B Georgina
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 21, 2013
      Hi G,

      I don't think that the JT65 is giving OPERA a problem. I have decoded RW3ADB
      last 5 TX. At 12:50 UTC his beacon was buried in a strong 5X7 signal and it
      decoded with F:29%. Matter of fact I could not find his signal on the waterfall
      during any of his TXs.

      Rich,
      WD4RBX

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2013

            Hi G and all,

            No doubt that a quieter frequency is desirable and QSYing is a good idea especially so as not to create more QRM.  If one don't have to fight the QRM then less ERP is needed. I did see a post about QSYing but it looks like no one did. Might take a software update to get everyone on the same page?

            I might play on 80M this evening just depends on how many stations are active and how long I can sit in the shack for TX.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 21, 2013

              Dave,

              Sounds like you hit a brick wall. AM and FM QRM OMG that has to be awful.

              Rich
              WD4RBX