Op4H sub 9 Khz CQ K4RKM & all

  • Richard B Georgina
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2013
      Hi Guys,

      I ran a test today using my new PA. I can say with confidence I'm finely putting
      out a signal worth looking for. For the first time ever I can hear the test tone
      over the local QRM. The PA is consuming about 20 amps when I have the test tone
      on. The PA from China consumed nothing at TX test tone that I could measure VIA
      the PS meters.

      Bob, If you available do you want to run a test next weekend? I know that 60
      miles is a stretch but who knows what if anything will happen. This will be an
      over the air TX using a 20 meter loop. It just so happens that my 20 meter loop
      presents the proper load to the PA.

      G, what frequency should Bob tune his Precious receiver to?

      TNX
      Rich
      WD4RBX
      EM84nn
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2013
        Ok Rich

        Well, if you can here the sound , then you have 40 dB too much signal hi , but good news the shows on the road over there

        If your running using 'Opera' then all you need for Rx is the sound card as the program uses the sound card as a SDR ,

        The audio band is 8.900 KHz <> 8.925KHz 8.9125 mid band , for Tx you can use the sound card as direct drive , or the com-port CW key to , on/off key the carrier as in the other bands

        Rx wise , direct to the sound card is all that's needed , as the demodulator band is the same as Tx

        But check out >> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/9khz.html

        Jim M0BMU designed a rod Ae and 9KHz pre-amp that gave very good results , follow the links to the word-document , from the web page

        73 -G,