AW: [O_P_E_R_A_] Re: USA issued 68 to 76 kHz band with 10 W ERP

  • siegfried jackstien
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2013

      > Gary;
      > Take your time on the 73 kHz stuff as the five of us on the license will
      > need little time to gear up to more resonable power to make the trip
      > across the pond. Plus am sure some colder WX would help and of course
      > condx we know little about. But we are all making headway and John
      > Andrews and Dex Mcintyre are not far off from running enough smoke!

      Enough smoke?? Hmmm

      Maybe a big audio amp can be converted to 73 kc??

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi
    • Andy Talbot
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2013
        Yes it can
        We've been here before in the UK.

        I suggest you take a look at the various LF Source books that were written back in the late 1990's when we had the 73kHz band.

        DSP was just startting out amongst Radio-Ams back then - The first SlowCW [QRSS]  was on 73kHz to set a record 393km distance in 1997

        Andy
        G4JNT

        On 5 August 2013 20:44, siegfried jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

        > Gary;
        > Take your time on the 73 kHz stuff as the five of us on the license will
        > need little time to gear up to more resonable power to make the trip
        > across the pond. Plus am sure some colder WX would help and of course
        > condx we know little about. But we are all making headway and John
        > Andrews and Dex Mcintyre are not far off from running enough smoke!

        Enough smoke?? Hmmm

        Maybe a big audio amp can be converted to 73 kc??

        Dg9bfc

        Sigi

      • Bob Raide
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2013
          Gary;
          I realize a few years ago the UK had use of that band [73kHz] but I don't know how many used it and I think it was not authorized for long.  It sure is going to be a learning experience to all of us for the most part and am glad your working toward a solid grabber for us blokes here in the US can watch for our sigs.,
          Keep up the good work!  Bob

          To: O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com
          From: g4wgt@...
          Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 20:33:57 +0100
          Subject: Re: [O_P_E_R_A_] Re: USA issued 68 to 76 kHz band with 10 W ERP

          Hi Bob,

          OK, I fully understand, I need to do this so as to create a stable Rx & grabber on the band. It's really also a trial for me as well.

          73, Gary - G4WGT.

          To: O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com; rsgb_lf_group@...; rsgb_lf_group@...
          From: g4wgt@...
          Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 16:18:54 +0100
          Subject: [O_P_E_R_A_] Re: USA issued 68 to 76 kHz band with 10 W ERP

          Hi Graham & All,

          After a false start last night (failing to activate the SpecLab screen captures & a mains power cut) I have now reset the grabbers & all should be well.

          OK PSK-map....... & the dongle, just need a method (software) to initiate screen captures. I recall there was something called "Snagit" & others. Just have to dig in the achives :-)

          73,

          Gary - G4WGT.

          On 05/08/2013 00:35, graham787 wrote:

          Thanks Gary , may be a good test for the usb-dongle as well , Philip , psk-map has indicted he can add 75 KHz to the qrg list, as well.

          G,

          --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Gary - G4WGT <g4wgt@...> wrote:

          > Hi Bob & all,
          >
          > Great news for the new allocation.
          >
          > I have set up an experimental grabber on my web site at the usual url
          > (bottom window) :-
          >
          > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/grabber2.html
          >
          > This is experimental in such that I don't have a dedicated sound card Rx
          > for this frequency, so I am using my JRC NRD-345 receiver with a PA0RDT
          > Mini-Whip.
          > Not sure how this will work out but giving it a try :-)
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Gary - G4WGT

          No virus found in this message.