Spanish description zip

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23 12:19 PM
      Spanish description zip

      Opera description in files up-load area , in 3 files ( 2 and 1 check)

      G.
    • Andy Talbot
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23 12:41 PM
        Graham -
        What format are they in?   If I save as they are, they download whith filename.pdf.something, ie multi- dots in the filename
        On renaming to .pdf,    Acrobat reader then reports as corrupted.

        If you email me the simple, non compressed single file, I  can put it on my website for direct download

        ANdy
        G4JNT

        On 23 February 2013 20:19, graham787 <g0nbd@...> wrote:

        Spanish description zip

        Opera description in files up-load area , in 3 files ( 2 and 1 check)

        G.

      • DAVID
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23 12:43 PM
          no workie here either....

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23 1:27 PM
            Pea-zip

            Might be there own code , I can do that , add a link -

            G.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23 1:43 PM
              files removed .. try again later G..

              --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "graham787" <g0nbd@...> wrote:

              > Pea-zip
              >
              > Might be there own code , I can do that , add a link -
              >
              > G.
              >
              > --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Graham -
              > > What format are they in? If I save as they are, they download whith
              > > filename.pdf.something, ie multi- dots in the filename
              > > On renaming to .pdf, Acrobat reader then reports as corrupted.
              > >
              > > If you email me the simple, non compressed single file, I can put it on my
              > > website for direct download
              > >
              > > ANdy
              > > G4JNT
              > >

              > > On 23 February 2013 20:19, graham787 <g0nbd@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > **
              > > >

              > > > Spanish description zip
              > > >
              > > > Opera description in files up-load area , in 3 files ( 2 and 1 check)
              > > >
              > > > G.

            • Andy Talbot
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23 2:02 PM
                Keep it simple n!

                I renamed it to make it simpler still - spaces in filenames are never a good idea

                Andy
                G4JNT

                --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Andy Talbot wrote:

                > Graham -
                > What format are they in? If I save as they are, they download whith
                > filename.pdf.something, ie multi- dots in the filename
                > On renaming to .pdf, Acrobat reader then reports as corrupted.
                >
                > If you email me the simple, non compressed single file, I can put it on my
                > website for direct download
                >
                > ANdy
                > G4JNT
                >

                > On 23 February 2013 20:19, graham787 wrote:
                >
                > > **

                > > Spanish description zip
                > >
                > > Opera description in files up-load area , in 3 files ( 2 and 1 check)
                > >
                > > G.

              • Andy Talbot
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 23 11:21 PM
                  My website traffic reports show 945 hits on that file in the less than 12 hours or so it has been there.  SO there certainly seems to be an awful lot of interest.

                  My Spanish language skills are close to zero, but as a Latin based language, enough of it  makes sense to be able to see that the article only appears to be an overview type description, such as would be published in any amateur radio magazine.  Nothing of any depth is revealed

                  I see no reference to the coding structure or any of its innards.  Lots of mention of interfacing, COM ports CAT control , Opera database and listings , but nothing of substance about how the coding is actually done.

                  Guido's reverse engineering still appears to be the only study in depth

                  Until radio amateurs open publish protocols and details, there will always be suspicion and distrust however good something is.    If you don't want to make money out of somehting, why not reveal all.   If you do, at least declare so.

                  Andy G4JNT

                  .