Translate document Spanish to English?

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2013
      Translate document Spanish to English?

      All,

      There is a seven page article in PDF format that describes the Opera mode , in magazine style text/picture format

      Is there anyone / group of, that can translate the text paragraphs so it can be made available in English?

      Tnx –Graham
    • Andy - KU4XR
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2013
        G: Here's a possibility: Copy the Spanish wording, and Paste it into
        Google Translator.. Then Copy the English translation into a document
        to edit the wording if needed.. Then a new PDF can be made from that..

        just a thought:

        Andy

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2013
          Not that simple Andy, if it was published on a web site , then any of the web systems would do the job , but this seems to be a scanned image , so extracting the text is not that simple, adobie runs OCR but the results are not too good

          I can re-hash it with the text translated into a saved pdf again

          Tnx -G.

          --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Andy - KU4XR <ku4xr@...> wrote:

          > G: Here's a possibility: Copy the Spanish wording, and Paste it into
          > Google Translator.. Then Copy the English translation into a document
          > to edit the wording if needed.. Then a new PDF can be made from that..
          >
          > just a thought:
          >
          > Andy

        • Andy Talbot
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
            Why not just publish the Spanish version, then we can muddle along as best possible until someone can / does translate it?
            If its in semi picture format, that may be enough anyway.

            Andy
            'JNT

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
              I can put the pdf in the files section

              --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

              > Why not just publish the Spanish version, then we can muddle along as best
              > possible until someone can / does translate it?
              > If its in semi picture format, that may be enough anyway.
              >
              > Andy
              > 'JNT
              >

              > > > Translate document Spanish to English?
              > > >
              > > > All,
              > > >
              > > > There is a seven page article in PDF format that describes the Opera
              > > mode , in magazine style text/picture format
              > > >
              > > > Is there anyone / group of, that can translate the text paragraphs so it
              > > can be made available in English?
              > > >
              > > > Tnx â€"Graham

            • Andy Talbot
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
                Yes do.
                It will be interesting to compare with Guido's PE1NNZ's superbe  reverse engineered description that is already in the files section.

                Andy
                G4JNT]

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
                  Too big , zipped just over the limit .will need to spread over more than one file ..

                  G.