Re: DK7FC 136 Ovenight Opera test OP8 MONITORS NEEDED !!

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
      Hi Graham (& Stefan)

      In the list of Op decodes (19/07/2012) for Stefan shown in the "web-panel" of my Opera display, all the Rx stations are showing the path distance except me. As you explained in a previous email, this is calculated from the web info. Its easy enough to calculate manually of course but my Opera display normally shows the path distance so am I missing something in my set-up?

      73 Terry GW0EZY

      15:50 136 DK7FC de F4DTL Op8 464 km -5 dB in JN18FP
      15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0BIE Op8 344 km -19 dB in Vught FLEX5000+
      15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0LPN Op8 353 km -23 dB in Bennekom MiniWhip
      15:50 136 DK7FC de PA7EY Op8 428 km -6 dB in Amsterdam
      15:50 136 DK7FC de F6CNI Op8 389 km -8 dB in
      15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0A Op8 449 km -2 dB in Lucaswolde
      15:50 136 DK7FC de GW0EZY Op8 -7 dB in Welshpool IO82HO

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
        Assume as long as you have the qra locator in the set up then should work ?
        G.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
          IO82HO no gaps ??

          --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "graham787" <g0nbd@...> wrote:

          > Assume as long as you have the qra locator in the set up then should work ?
          > G.
          >
          > --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <g0ezy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Graham (& Stefan)
          > >
          > > In the list of Op decodes (19/07/2012) for Stefan shown in the "web-panel" of my Opera display, all the Rx stations are showing the path distance except me. As you explained in a previous email, this is calculated from the web info. Its easy enough to calculate manually of course but my Opera display normally shows the path distance so am I missing something in my set-up?
          > >
          > > 73 Terry GW0EZY
          > >
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de F4DTL Op8 464 km -5 dB in JN18FP
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0BIE Op8 344 km -19 dB in Vught FLEX5000+
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0LPN Op8 353 km -23 dB in Bennekom MiniWhip
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA7EY Op8 428 km -6 dB in Amsterdam
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de F6CNI Op8 389 km -8 dB in
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0A Op8 449 km -2 dB in Lucaswolde
          > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de GW0EZY Op8 -7 dB in Welshpool IO82HO

        • Martin Evans
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
            Graham -

            1) Where can I download the latest version of Opera for this?

            2) what's Stephan's dial frequency going to be?

            I've been Hors de Combat for a couple of months and lost track!

            Thanks.

            Martin GW3UCJ.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
              Martin,

              Download is now on the ROS web site http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/
              qrg , 136.000, dial , usb . ( as per software list)

              73-G.

              --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Evans" <books@...> wrote:

              > Graham -
              >
              > 1) Where can I download the latest version of Opera for this?
              >
              > 2) what's Stephan's dial frequency going to be?
              >
              > I've been Hors de Combat for a couple of months and lost track!
              >
              > Thanks.
              >
              > Martin GW3UCJ.
              >
              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              >
              > > > Stefan will be running HIGH POWER overnight 136 KHz OP8 beacon
              > > > test tonight (19 July)
              > > >
              > > > Web based or E-mail logs appreciated
              > > >
              > > > Tnx all Graham .

            • Terry
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
                Think I have found the problem - Modem/Windows Firewall. Now showing the path distance.

                Thanks Terry

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
                  Thanks Graham.

                  Martin.