DK7FC 136 Ovenight Opera test OP8 MONITORS NEEDED !!

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
      DK7FC 136 Overnight Opera test OP8 MONITORS NEEDED !!

      Stefan will be running HIGH POWER overnight 136 KHz OP8 beacon test tonight (19 July)

      Web based or E-mail logs appreciated

      Tnx all Graham .

      Hi Graham, LF,

      Tonite after the VK transmissions i will give it another try. So far i cannot receive in OP, so it is a one-way beacon, 100% TX..
      I'll attempt to get a decode at TF3HZ, just to get an impression about the levels on that path and distance. So if you like, you can activate the opera fans of your opera group. No idea how many there are who could be interested.

      The QRN is much higher than yesterday so i don't know about the chances.
      Maybe i can run it over night today, depends on if i can configure SpecLab to stop the tone generator at a certain time...

      73, Stefan/DK7FC
    • Terry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
        Hi Graham (& Stefan)

        In the list of Op decodes (19/07/2012) for Stefan shown in the "web-panel" of my Opera display, all the Rx stations are showing the path distance except me. As you explained in a previous email, this is calculated from the web info. Its easy enough to calculate manually of course but my Opera display normally shows the path distance so am I missing something in my set-up?

        73 Terry GW0EZY

        15:50 136 DK7FC de F4DTL Op8 464 km -5 dB in JN18FP
        15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0BIE Op8 344 km -19 dB in Vught FLEX5000+
        15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0LPN Op8 353 km -23 dB in Bennekom MiniWhip
        15:50 136 DK7FC de PA7EY Op8 428 km -6 dB in Amsterdam
        15:50 136 DK7FC de F6CNI Op8 389 km -8 dB in
        15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0A Op8 449 km -2 dB in Lucaswolde
        15:50 136 DK7FC de GW0EZY Op8 -7 dB in Welshpool IO82HO

        Opera only has the call sign in the data , the web linking provides the other services , range , bearing etc
        this ensures the minimum data payload .

        If you tests are not web linked , you can arrange for a web based Pc to simply run opera , in tx mode , this would alert other monitors ,
        As Op mode is free running , the web linking will not affect the Tx or Rx performance

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
          Assume as long as you have the qra locator in the set up then should work ?
          G.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
            IO82HO no gaps ??

            --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "graham787" <g0nbd@...> wrote:

            > Assume as long as you have the qra locator in the set up then should work ?
            > G.
            >
            > --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <g0ezy@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Graham (& Stefan)
            > >
            > > In the list of Op decodes (19/07/2012) for Stefan shown in the "web-panel" of my Opera display, all the Rx stations are showing the path distance except me. As you explained in a previous email, this is calculated from the web info. Its easy enough to calculate manually of course but my Opera display normally shows the path distance so am I missing something in my set-up?
            > >
            > > 73 Terry GW0EZY
            > >
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de F4DTL Op8 464 km -5 dB in JN18FP
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0BIE Op8 344 km -19 dB in Vught FLEX5000+
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0LPN Op8 353 km -23 dB in Bennekom MiniWhip
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA7EY Op8 428 km -6 dB in Amsterdam
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de F6CNI Op8 389 km -8 dB in
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de PA0A Op8 449 km -2 dB in Lucaswolde
            > > 15:50 136 DK7FC de GW0EZY Op8 -7 dB in Welshpool IO82HO

          • Martin Evans
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
              Graham -

              1) Where can I download the latest version of Opera for this?

              2) what's Stephan's dial frequency going to be?

              I've been Hors de Combat for a couple of months and lost track!

              Thanks.

              Martin GW3UCJ.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
                Martin,

                Download is now on the ROS web site http://rosmodem.wordpress.com/
                qrg , 136.000, dial , usb . ( as per software list)

                73-G.

                --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Evans" <books@...> wrote:

                > Graham -
                >
                > 1) Where can I download the latest version of Opera for this?
                >
                > 2) what's Stephan's dial frequency going to be?
                >
                > I've been Hors de Combat for a couple of months and lost track!
                >
                > Thanks.
                >
                > Martin GW3UCJ.
                >
                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                >
                > > > Stefan will be running HIGH POWER overnight 136 KHz OP8 beacon
                > > > test tonight (19 July)
                > > >
                > > > Web based or E-mail logs appreciated
                > > >
                > > > Tnx all Graham .

              • Terry
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
                  Think I have found the problem - Modem/Windows Firewall. Now showing the path distance.

                  Thanks Terry

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 19, 2012
                    Thanks Graham.

                    Martin.