2462RE: 8.9 KHz update

    Dec 2, 2013

      Rich,

      The long  wire  will  work, but the  voltages are extreme  !   , Uwe , posted this  to the LF group today , but  that big loop should radiate something ! , what is the  psu V  12V ?

      G,

      Hi all,

      its a foggy and rainy day today producing mni ghostly sparks in the yard. so I switched the Tx off at 1251UTC.
      until tomorrow I guess.

      GL
      Uwe/dj8wx jo43sv

      ---In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, <wd4rbx@...> wrote:

      I "think" I found the error of my ways. I have been using my PS amp meter to see if the PA was consuming any energy. The last 2 tests were almost a complete flop. 0 amps first test and about 4 yesterday. I though about how I was trying to transfer energy to the antenna and realized that a long wire won't work. Today I strung up  800 feet of wire and changed the long wire to a loop antenna. First TX had the PA drawing 15 or 20 amps from the PS. Being that the only thing that changed was the antenna I want to believe that I now have a signal worth looking for. More work is needed along with better measurements.

      If I find that someone/s are looking for my OPERA signal I will run a full beacon test. I will post the time I fire up.

      Rich
      WD4RBX
      EM84nn

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic