2404Re: [O_P_E_R_A_] 8KHz

  • Richard B Georgina
    Nov 8, 2013
      Hi Bry,

      No not 136 KHz but 8.9 KHz. I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack but I see no reason why a stereo car amp won't work as is at 8.9 KHz. It might be possible to modify a car amp to work at 136 KHz. Audio amps cut off frequency is some where around 22 KHz.

       My plans are to (no so) simply remove the coil and permanent magnet from the (sub woofer) equation and  present a 4 Ohm load to the amp (antenna) and let the EMF reradiate into space instead of vibrating the speaker coil. Arcums Razor.

      Rich
      WD4RBX

      >>Goodness me - are we talking abouyt usuing a car audio amplifier at 136 kHz here?
      What a brilliant idea!
      (Now all it needs is a 6000 foot long whip for some serious DX!)

      73 de AF4K<<
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic