      From: Gary - G4WGT <g4wgt@...>
      To: O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, November 3, 2013 4:40 PM
      Subject: Re: [O_P_E_R_A_] RE: Sub 9 KHz [1 Attachment]

      Hi Rich, I have attached 2 files which I have based 8kHz matching on & seem to work OK for commercial audio amps. I used a valve guitar amp with good results into dummy load. The example is used by a U.S ham for LF but it should give you some help. 73, Gary - G4WGT. On 03/11/2013 15:43, Rickfordg wrote:

      Hi G,

      If you remember a wile back you and others were talking about using off the shelf audio equipment to TX an 8KHz signal. This is the rout I decided to take. I don't think a loading coil will help if I wrong PLS someone let me know. What I want to try is build an antenna and feedline that presents the 4 Ohm (at DC) load that the PA wants for full power out. I'm thinking that a loop antenna will work. What I need to come up with is a feel line other then RG6. I want the feed line to have low resistance at 150 feet such as 10 or 12 Ga wire and put up as much 16 Ga electric fence Aluminum wire to make the loop and feed line present 4 Ohms to the amp. Will this work? Hell if I know...HI HI. Is it fun to try? You Bet...!

      I believe that it could be possible to roll your own 1:1 audio transformer and use the secondary to feed a flying antenna.

      I'm really interested in hearing from Sig. I would like to hear more about his plans.

      Rich