      From: Andy - KU4XR <ku4xr@...>
      To: O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [O_P_E_R_A_] Sub 9 KHz
      On Wed, 10/30/13, Rickfordg <wd4rbx@...> wrote:

      After finding the proper orentation for the loop antenna I was able to copy my
      Dreamers band signal. I did this just to be sure I was not RXing cross talk
      amoung the coax or audio cables in the hamshack and was truley radiating
      a signal. The loop antenna and recorder were placed 100 feet from the shack
      and 200 from the antenna.

      Question for those who might know: From the experiments done so far; what
      has been the farthest an 8 KHz signal has been aurally radiated, and received ?
      No real US activity has been done that I am aware of.. Some talk about it, and
      one operator did go so far as to build a loading coil, but I have not heard any more..

      Rich is 104 miles / 167 Km from me, and even if I had the lowest noise receive
      setup in the world; ..... well, let's just say that I have my doubts at reception..

      4 Hours is a Looooooong time..

      73: Andy - KU4XR

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic