2087Re: [O_P_E_R_A_] Re: Spanish description zip

  • Andy Talbot
    Feb 23, 2013
      My website traffic reports show 945 hits on that file in the less than 12 hours or so it has been there.  SO there certainly seems to be an awful lot of interest.
      My Spanish language skills are close to zero, but as a Latin based language, enough of it  makes sense to be able to see that the article only appears to be an overview type description, such as would be published in any amateur radio magazine.  Nothing of any depth is revealed
      I see no reference to the coding structure or any of its innards.  Lots of mention of interfacing, COM ports CAT control , Opera database and listings , but nothing of substance about how the coding is actually done.
      Guido's reverse engineering still appears to be the only study in depth
      Until radio amateurs open publish protocols and details, there will always be suspicion and distrust however good something is.    If you don't want to make money out of somehting, why not reveal all.   If you do, at least declare so.
      Andy G4JNT

      On 23 February 2013 22:02, Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:
      Keep it simple n!
      I renamed it to make it simpler still - spaces in filenames are never a good idea

      On 23 February 2013 21:27, graham787 <g0nbd@...> wrote:

      Might be there own code , I can do that , add a link -

      --- In O_P_E_R_A_@yahoogroups.com, Andy Talbot wrote:
      > Graham -
      > What format are they in? If I save as they are, they download whith
      > filename.pdf.something, ie multi- dots in the filename
      > On renaming to .pdf, Acrobat reader then reports as corrupted.
      > If you email me the simple, non compressed single file, I can put it on my
      > website for direct download
      > ANdy
      > G4JNT
      > On 23 February 2013 20:19, graham787 wrote:
      > > **

      > > Spanish description zip
      > >
      > > Opera description in files up-load area , in 3 files ( 2 and 1 check)
      > >
      > > G.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic