Re: [OTR-Project] Mac Book

  • Tremaine Lea
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2012
      Interesting guy, definitely worth meeting if you can get past the fact he's an Edmonton Oiler's fan ~laugh~ I worked with him at EnCana for some time, and you're only the second person I've encountered with the Witiw last name, figured there was a chance you were related.

      Cheers,

      Tremaine Lea
      Security Engineer

      Oh, and Gary is actually a distant relative, though we never met.

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2012

        Hi, I switched to Macs in 2008 and love it.

        Macs can run Windows AND Mac programs while WIndows can only run Windows programs.

        All Macs come with Boot Camp pre-installed that walks you through the process of setting up a "Windows side" to your Macbook and you can also look up YouTube videos on how to do it fairly easily, too.  Downside is that you have to shut down to go to the Windows side.

        There are a few programs like Parallels and VMWare Fusion that you can buy, though, that make it super-easy and allow you to have the Windows side and the Mac side running simultaneously.  We used VMWare Fusion when we switched in 2008, but really haven't needed it since that first week once we got the hang of Macs.

        Either of these solutions should help you if you need to run Otter (or any other Windows only program.)

        Good luck!
        Deborah