WSM Radio Celebrates A Birthday

  • nixonhistorybuff
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

      WSM Radio Celebrates A Birthday

      It all started on Monday, October 5, 1925.

      In an effort to keep the memories of the Grand Ole Opry alive I hace created a new blog, "Mother Church Of Country Music" and I hope you visit and see for yourself how colorful and interesting the Opry remains to this day.

      http://judgehay.wordpress.com/

      There are not many radio stations that are remembered by their birthdays.  WSM is one of those exceptions given the historic nature of the station, and the programming that orginates over its airwaves.   Through the many decades this Nashville, Tennessee station known as "The Air Castle Of The South" has become a fixture on the broadcast dial.  Most people, such as myself,  just refer to WSM as the "home of the Grand Ole Opry".  No matter how we refer to the station, however, one thing is for sure.  When we talk about WSM we are talking about an essential ingredient of America.

      http://judgehay.wordpress.com/

      With pictures and video we celebrate WSM Radio!

      Many thanks for giving my blog a try.

      Gregory