Re: [OTR-Project] Re: Closing the group

  • Mark Farmer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2009
      Maybe The Group Can Be Archived?

      On 8/9/2009 8:47:58 AM, ngohit (ngari@...) wrote:
      > Going with
      what Andrew wrote, would it be possible to keep the group for
      > the sole
      purpose of past posting reference? You would not have to make any
      > more
      update postings or accept any new members, Jim.

      > Two years ago
      another group I belonged to closed. The group owner and most
      > people
      agreed that two other groups almost everyone belonged to had, for
      > the
      most part, made it obsolete. Well, now *everyone* regrets closing the

      group only because once it closed, all the useful information in postings
      > was gone. In retrospect, the group should have remained,
      "open," with the
      > group statement altered to notify existing members
      where to go with future
      > comments and questions.

      Marilyn

      href="mailto:OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com">OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com [link: mailto:OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com],

      "Andrew Steinberg" <nightkey5@...> wrote:

      > > Before
      pulling the plug, check the otrr.org logs for date of last update.
      believe some of the logs on this site are more up to date than on the

      ones on that page.