Re: [OTR-Project] Re: Broken telephone cover over a year. Help

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2009
      If you are using a wired (not internet) phone service, just use your house phone, dial 611 and you'll be connected to their help/repair line.

      Important, that's a six (6) one (1) one (1)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-1-1

      6-1-1

      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      For customers of some telephone companies in Canada and in the U.S., 611 is the abbreviated dialing telephone number used to report a problem with telephone service, or with a payphone. Many wireless phone providers also use 611 or *611 as a general customer service access number; most do not count calls to 611 against the minutes in subscribers' calling plans, or assess any extra charges for 611 calls. A service exists (611 Roaming) which allows wireless phone customers to dial 611 regardless of the network they are connected to, and they will be connected to their own customer service department.

      The 611 number is not officially assigned by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) or the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), but both have chosen not to disturb the assignment as it is generally recognized across the North American Numbering Plan (NANP).

      In some localities (including Calgary, Alberta), 611 was used to report problems with landline telephone service. 811 was used to report problems with cellular telephone service but this has since been discontinued.

      Floyd B Tankantum wrote:
      Try calling whichever company provides your phone service (Vonage, AT&T, etc)--if they can't help, they should be able to refer you to someone who can.

      Floyd B

       --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "m west" <mmwest@...> wrote:

      How do I go about getting someone to replace the telephone cover in my front
      yard?

      Over a year ago a car hit it and broke it in two pieces.  I wrote and called
      your project asking for help but no one replied.  It is now in about 8
      pieces the kids who walk by each day are tearing it apart.  All the internal
      parts are open to the elements.

      It needs to be fixed.  I have the electrical, telephone, and large box all
      in my yard.  So, to have the telephone unit broken and in a heap makes my
      yard look even more junky.  Would you please help me?

      Thank you,

      Mary West

      858 268-3976

      <*> Your email settings: