Editing Project Advice

  • David Gants
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2009
      Greetings,

      I'm a professor at Florida State who is interested in creating a critical
      edition of the Dimension X program. Key to this project is locating scripts
      close to the original 1950-51 broadcasts. Of course, any help tracking down
      a copy of Bill Sabis's log would be welcome, as well as advice from anyone
      who has delved into the Wisconsin NBC archives. What I'd really love is
      information on how to find copies of the original scripts--ideally with
      manuscript emendations. Alas, the program's sometime sponsor was General
      Mills, a company that as yet hasn't had the legal attention given to tobacco
      companies; let's see how Wheaties fares in the post-steroid era.

      OTRR is helpful, as is Chris Sterling's work. However, I need some source
      documents to convince publishers that this project has legs.

      Just to let you know that I'm not a cranky professor out to prove radio Sci
      Fi is behind the fall of western civilization, I'm a long-time fan of OTR.
      I'm just old enough to remember the last days of YTJD, and I've been a rabid
      listener since before my voice changed. I'm also open to collaboration. Let
      me rephrase--I'd welcome collaboration.

      If anyone has suggestions, contributions, or rumors, I'd love to hear from
      you. Contact me at dgants@....

      Thanks in advance for any help the OTR community can offer.

      David Gants