Re: Otter Renaming

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2009
      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "itethics" <thefoxman@...> wrote:

      > I discovered I have problems renaming files in OTTER when the log files
      > contain part numbers with forward slashes: part 2/3 for example. Windows
      > doesn't accept forward slashes in file names so I can't rename them. On
      > a few of the series I renamed the log entries to get rid of the '/'s. I
      > have two questions. One, is there a way around this issue and two, if I
      > download an update to otter db will it overwrite the changes I made?
      >
      > Thanks.

      I don't think there is a way around your problem. Archie Hunter, our
      OTTER expert, may have a different answer when he checks the board.

      Maybe to your second question - OTTER will not make any changes to the
      programs you've marked that you have. But if you have done spelling
      corrections, or title changes, it will change those. It will not
      change the way you've selected to date your files either.
      Hope this helps some.