Re: Location of Otter Data

  • Archie
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2008
      --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Gott" <AdamGott@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to migrate my data from one computer to another and I
      > can't seem to manage it either. I find no subfolders titled HAVE
      and
      > LOCATION in my existing installation. The only subfolders there are
      > Backup, Docs, and tmp.
      >
      > Surely it can't be this hard to move from one computer to another
      can it?

      You must be using the Galaga version of Otter. It uses a compleltely
      different database syetm than th Defender version.

      Besides the folders that you mentioned, there should be files called
      logex.dat, user.dat and otter.db.

      If you do have the Galaga version, and you ran the setup program for
      it, it would have created a folder called Otter_Galaga in the progam
      folder of your main drive. Just copy the entire contents of this
      folder to your new computer. I tried it here and it worked just fine.

      Archie
    • Adam Gott
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
        Ok, I still can't find anything here but now I am trying to run this
        thing with WINE (windows emulator) on Ubuntu. It seems to work very
        well but I just can't seem to locate my old data and I don't want to
        start from scratch.

        I copied logx.dat, user.dat from my old installation but where is
        this otter_galaga folder? I can't find it anywhere.

        --
        http://cool-mo-dee.blogspot.com - strange and unusual findings on the web
        http://db.etree.org/AdamGott
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 24, 2008
          Please confirm which version of Otter you are using. Go to
          Help|About to see which version you are using.

          The Otter_Galaga folder may just be the name of the folder in which
          Otter was installed on my system - it may have been a name I gave the
          folder.