Re: [OTR-Project] Re: Location of Otter Data

  • Adam Gott
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2008
      I am trying to migrate my data from one computer to another and I
      can't seem to manage it either. I find no subfolders titled HAVE and
      LOCATION in my existing installation. The only subfolders there are
      Backup, Docs, and tmp.

      Surely it can't be this hard to move from one computer to another can it?

      --
      http://cool-mo-dee.blogspot.com - strange and unusual findings on the web
      http://db.etree.org/AdamGott
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2008
        --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Gott" <AdamGott@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to migrate my data from one computer to another and I
        > can't seem to manage it either. I find no subfolders titled HAVE
        and
        > LOCATION in my existing installation. The only subfolders there are
        > Backup, Docs, and tmp.
        >
        > Surely it can't be this hard to move from one computer to another
        can it?

        You must be using the Galaga version of Otter. It uses a compleltely
        different database syetm than th Defender version.

        Besides the folders that you mentioned, there should be files called
        logex.dat, user.dat and otter.db.

        If you do have the Galaga version, and you ran the setup program for
        it, it would have created a folder called Otter_Galaga in the progam
        folder of your main drive. Just copy the entire contents of this
        folder to your new computer. I tried it here and it worked just fine.

        Archie
      • Adam Gott
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2008
          Ok, I still can't find anything here but now I am trying to run this
          thing with WINE (windows emulator) on Ubuntu. It seems to work very
          well but I just can't seem to locate my old data and I don't want to
          start from scratch.

          I copied logx.dat, user.dat from my old installation but where is
          this otter_galaga folder? I can't find it anywhere.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 24, 2008
            Please confirm which version of Otter you are using. Go to
            Help|About to see which version you are using.

            The Otter_Galaga folder may just be the name of the folder in which
            Otter was installed on my system - it may have been a name I gave the
            folder.