Updates:

  • jamesl_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2007
      I gotta be very very dense, I cannot figure out when you all post a
      update to a file what update has been made. I mean I understand you
      update files when something is changed or added, but I can't tell just
      exactly what has been changed. Is there a way to read the
      notifications and see just what file in a program has been changed?

      Jim
    • Andrew Steinberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2007
        The only way I know to do it is cumbersome and it is doubtful many
        people will want to do it. You can go to the www.otrr.org site and d/l
        the file for the show, then download the updated file from yahoo, then
        you run a compare file program which will show the differences between
        the two. This will only work until the otrr.org site gets the updated
        file put up.

        --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "jamesl_1" <jamesl_1@...> wrote:

        > I gotta be very very dense, I cannot figure out when you all post a
        > update to a file what update has been made. I mean I understand you
        > update files when something is changed or added, but I can't tell
        just
        > exactly what has been changed. Is there a way to read the
        > notifications and see just what file in a program has been changed?
        >
        > Jim

      • Fred Bertelsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2007
          If you read the list posted usually on Friday by Jim, it tells exactly which series changes were made to and what type. To know the exact changes you would have to compare the database before and after the update, but then you would only need to look at series that were changed, or the ones that interest you.

          Fred

          Saving the past for the future.
          Fans of Oldtime Radio Please check out the OTR Researchers Group website at

          Also for great OTR chat be sure to visit www.RadioOutOfThePast.org on Thursday evenings at 8:00pm Eastern.