Warm Memories Of Searching For Stations On The Radio As A Kid

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007

      As a kid I would stay up late at night and hunt on the AM radio dial for the farthest signal that would reach my bedroom.  As an adult I would work in radio and wonder where folks might hear my voice due to a "skip" in the atmosphere.  Now while working on a genealogy project I have discovered a man who was doing the same as me back in 1922 while living in Maine.    I have written a folksy entry on my blog and hope that you enjoy it.  I even have a couple of pictures added to highlight the story.

      http://dekerivers.wordpress.com/2007/06/18/i-admit-to-being-a-dxer/

      Gregory