Otter DB and Program

  • RICHARD HOYT
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
      Have been a way for a while and ready to resume collecting, downloaded
      the lateset version of Otter from the wwebsdite, but I am unable to
      open it as the file seems to be corrupted.

      Any help would be great.

      Rick
    • David Schwegler
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2007
        Hi Rick,

        Two things to check...

        1. Did you download the Otter program as well? You need to download and
        install this program, then replace its default .db file with the one
        you download. It's on the same page as the .db file --
        <http://www.otrr.org/pg02b_otter.htm>.

        2. Is the .db file smaller than 5.8MB? If so, try downloading it again
        until you get the 5.8MB or so file. Sometimes it doesn't download
        correctly on the first try.

        Let us know what happens.

        Thanks,
        David Schwegler