thanks for approving me...

  • briancs1971swm
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      I was looking for the latest version of Otter. The email you sent
      with the link to www.otterprojectonline.info seems work fine, except
      for the website seems to have an odd message. A check of Google
      revelas they have archived the same message. It is

      If are trying to view your website use http://209.151.88.6/~USERNAME/
      Replace USERNAME with your username.

      Can you advise me?

      Brian
    • webdj777
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
        Hi Brian,

        I'm not sure who sent you what email, but we have changed websites
        recently. Our OLD website was www.otterprojectonline.info, but our NEW
        website is www.otrr.org. Sorry for the confusion!

        To download the latest version of Otter, go to the www.otrr.org
        homepage and click on "Project OTR.db" on the left, then click the
        second link (for access via Otter). Alternatively, just go here:
        <http://www.otrr.org/pg02b_otter.htm>

        You will see links to download both the Otter program, as well as the
        link to download the latest database.

        Thanks,
        David Schwegler
        <IXOYE>-<

        --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "briancs1971swm"
        <bsaunders1971@...> wrote:

        > I was looking for the latest version of Otter. The email you sent
        > with the link to www.otterprojectonline.info seems work fine, except
        > for the website seems to have an odd message. A check of Google
        > revelas they have archived the same message. It is
        >
        > If are trying to view your website use http://209.151.88.6/~USERNAME/
        > Replace USERNAME with your username.
        >
        > Can you advise me?
        >
        > Brian

      • webdj777
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
          Hi Brian,

          Ah, I just figured out which file you meant...you mean the file sent
          to you when you join the group (see below). You're right! We haven't
          updated that file yet...

          Could one of the moderators please change the link to our website in
          the "To New Members" file?

          Thanks,
          David Schwegler
          <IXOYE>-<

          --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "webdj777" <webdj777@...> wrote:

          > Hi Brian,
          >
          > I'm not sure who sent you what email, but we have changed websites
          > recently. Our OLD website was www.otterprojectonline.info, but our
          NEW
          > website is www.otrr.org. Sorry for the confusion!

          --------File: To New Members--------
          Hello!

          Welcome to the OTTER Group! If you are looking for the very best way
          catalog your collection, know what you have and what you are missing,
          and lots
          more information about OTR series, this is the place.

          You can download the OTTER program from our website -

          www.otterprojectonline.info

          The program is too large to host here on the Yahoo site.
          You can also find the latest database. After you download and open
          the OTTER
          program, download and import into your OTTER the latest database. We
          urge our
          members to update the database every day. We make many changes and
          that's the
          best way to keep current.

          We urge our members to assist this project by submitting new series
          for
          inclusion in the database, and providing corrections for any errors
          they might
          find. If you'd like to assist in this, please post a message to the
          board.
        • Fred Bertelsen
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
            Hi Brian,
            The website has changed. It is now www.otrr.org It is much improved over the old site and a lot easier to remember.

            Fred

            Saving the past for the future.
            Fans of Oldtime Radio Please check out the OTR Researchers Group website at

            Also for great OTR chat be sure to visit www.RadioOutOfThePast.org on Thursday evenings at 8:00pm Eastern.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007
              --- In OTR-Project@yahoogroups.com, "webdj777" <webdj777@...> wrote:

              >> Could one of the moderators please change the link to our website in
              > the "To New Members" file?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > David Schwegler
              > <IXOYE>-<